Top 10 Things to Do at Home
By the Paridaez Team
We hope you’re all hanging in there in this period of uncertainty. We’re constantly inspired by you all and appreciate your continued support of us and other local businesses. At Paridaez, we’re taking things one day at a time and encourage you to stay positive while taking care of yourself.
We know that staying home can be a bit mind-numbing, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Newfound free time gives you the chance to pick up a new hobby or catch up on your reading. We’re all in this together, so we wanted to share a list of our favorite at-home activities:
- Cooking - Now’s the perfect time to brush up on your culinary skills! Have a recipe you’ve always wanted to try? Or what about practicing new eating habits that weren’t as accessible in your normal hustle?
- Spring cleaning – Spring is here and so is Marie Kondo! Experts say the art of tidying up and getting rid of things that don’t bring you joy can satisfy your mind and, well, bring you joy. Try starting with your closet; some proper organization can transform your style and help you create a place of inspiration and tranquility.
- Making time for beauty – Want to recreate a high fashion makeup look you saw online? Now that you actually have the time to play with your makeup and skin care routine, try some new things out. Silver lining - if it doesn’t work with your skin, you are not likely to bump into anyone! When you look good, you really do feel good. And when you treat yourself to several face masks, you feel even better.
- Trying origami – It’s relaxing, it’s fulfilling, and it’s aesthetically pleasing. It’s the perfect time to pick up a hobby that’s both mentally stimulating and relaxing, so why not try the art of paper folding? It’s a pretty simple art to learn and a newbie can make something pretty remarkable on their first try!
- Working out – Staying healthy is more important than ever. And any type of exercise, even if you only sweat a little, will boost your spirits. The gyms may be closed, but with your favorite fitness instructors live streaming their signature routines, the road to better health is only a click away.
- Finishing those partially read books – It’s been “on your list” for awhile, and you have no excuse now. Those books may be a little dusty and old, but that doesn’t mean the stories are! Make that bookshelf more than a decoration and take this time to experience the stories and knowledge you take away.
- Explore your creative side – Always wanted to learn how to paint? Knit? Salsa dance? Now’s your chance! Pick one that speaks to you, and take this downtime as the chance to become a bonafide artist.
- Focusing on your career -- Working from home means more than just completing daily tasks. With that extra time in your work day, try planning for the future. Whether it’s picking up a side gig or making a plan to advance in your career, laying out ideas can bring back some control and routine in times of uncertainty.
- Reminding people you love them -- With our busy schedules, we can forget to tell the people most important to us how much we love them. Having this downtime alone reminds us that there are so many people in our lives who matter to us, so remember to give them a call or facetime them to remind them how much you love them.
- Shopping local businesses online instead of Amazon -- Now’s a great time to explore local brands, so they’re still in business when things get back to normal. With everything going on, these businesses need your help, so shopping with them instead of powerhouses like Amazon and Walmart can turn retail therapy to support in keeping local businesses afloat. During this time of discovery you might find some of your knew go to favorites!
Life can really throw you for a loop, but your shift in perspective can turn a negative into a positive. Finding the silver lining in social distancing is no different. Take this time as a chance to bring the focus back to the most important person in your life—yourself. Who knows what you might discover?